In this article, we will discuss the advantages of using glass filter media, an essential product offered by swimming pool equipment suppliers, in your filter. Glass filter media operates similarly to sand filter media, effectively capturing debris, dirt, and contaminants in the pool water as it passes through the fine glass particles.
Glass filter medias are made from grains of recycled glass. It can be used in media filter to keep debris and bacteria out of your pool. As the water passes through the glass media, it captures the debris using negative charge. The clean water is then pushed back to the pool through return inlets. Glass filter media proves to be more effective than sand media, cartridge filters, and diatomaceous earth (DE) filters, making it a sought-after swimming pool product.
Reduce pool maintenance
- One of the significant benefits of using glass filter media as a swimming pool product is reduced pool maintenance. Firstly, Glass media requires backwashing every few months.
- Additionally, Glass media needs to be replaced every 8-10 years whereas the cartridge filter needs to be replaced for every 1-2 years and sand media every 3-5 years. This means less pool maintenance.
Bacterial growth prevention
- Unlike sand media, Glass media is negatively charged that makes it to hold on the debris while the water passes through it, and that stuck debris can be removed by backwashing. This results in preventing bacterial growth.
Long-lasting and sustainable
- Glass media have a longer lifespan than cartridge filters & sand media
- Glass media need not to be replaced frequently
- Since it is made from grains of recycled glass, it reduces landfill waste
Better water clarity
- Keeps pool water clearer because glass media has negative charge to attract particles and it is not as densely packed as sand. So it can use the entire depth of filtration media to trap more particles. Thus making your pool water clearer.
Reduces backwashing duration and frequency
- Unlike sand media, Glass media needs to be backwashed every 2-3 months
- Backwashing duration is also shorter because glass is smooth and so it helps the water pass through it easily
- Reduces energy consumption as backwash happens at a lower speed
- As it keeps water clearer, there is no need for as many chemicals, thereby reducing chemical costs
- It minimizes energy, chemicals, and water consumption and it is environmentally friendly
As a result, the water filtered through glass media is clearer, safer, and more aesthetically pleasing, enhancing overall user satisfaction. Glass filter media offers numerous benefits for water filtration systems. As advancements continue in water treatment technologies, glass filter media are poised to play an increasingly important role in providing clean and safe water for various applications.